Do you have a creative and social mindset to deploy your sustainable packaging expertise and shape the future of the LEGO Group?
Well, then join our ambitious team in leading our environmental strategy by steering the LEGO Group’s sustainable packaging agenda.
• Build and manage the LEGO Group’s definition of sustainable packaging and set the strategic direction for the development and implementation of sustainable materials in all LEGO packaging
• Develop concrete positions and guidelines on relevant packaging materials and concepts and deliver environmental assessments of materials and prototypes
• Be thought leader on sustainable packaging through continuous development and engagement with external world, e.g. conferences, academia
• Collaborate closely with the LEGO Group’s Sustainable Materials Program and LEGO® Extended Line and Licensing as your key internal stakeholders
Play your part in our team succeeding
Environmental Responsibility (ER) is a globally based team of specialists and leaders seeking to create real impact, both inside and outside the LEGO Group.
ER is responsible for ensuring our company fulfils its Planet Promise by achieving the highest possible environmental performance.
By using commercial advantage and driving innovation across the business, the team addresses the entire value chain: from the impact of raw materials through manufacture of products, distribution, use, and onto eventual reuse or recycling.
The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Materials or Sustainability subject and/or a Master’s degree in sustainability.
Environmental professional experience with sustainable packaging and packaging materials in an international, large-scale corporate environment or with strong consultancy experience is required as well as a personal ability to see beyond the details and provide strategic direction on our company’s environmental agenda. English language skills are required.
Nice to have
• Curious, focused and brave personality
• Preferably global experience
• Strong collaboration skills
• Proven record of strong performance
• Go-do mindset
• Track record in stakeholder engagement and change management in relation to packaging transformation
• Strong interpersonal skills and proactive nature in building stakeholder network.
• Strong team player with an eye for the greater common goal
• Structured and analytical
• Self-driven and passionate about making a change
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.