Do you want to put your mark on LEGO products, and create new experience? Then you are the one LEGO in Billund is looking for!
Do you want to put your mark on LEGO products, and help creating great play experiences for children and smiles on their faces? Then join us in a global position in our R&D organisation to facilitate packaging development for the LEGO novelties.
Find the right balance between design, cost and manufacturability
Joining our Packing & Packaging Industrial Engineering team, you will be a part of the development of prepacks and boxes, as we deliver packaging solutions for every single novelty in the LEGO® portfolio. We ensure that our products are designed for manufacturing while finding the optimal balance between cost and quality.
Our ambition to use sustainable packaging solutions puts new demands on our industrial engineering team, so to support this agenda, you will collaborate with colleagues across the supply chain to ensure that we in the future can deliver a sustainable product for children across the world.
In the role as a Senior Industrial Engineer, you will join 9 colleagues in our R&D P&P Industrial Engineering (IE) department. Your job is to ensure high-quality manufacturing design and collaborate closely with our peers in local industrial engineering and at our 4 production facilities. More specifically, you will:
- Develop an optimal split of LEGO elements for the prepacks based on the existing guidelines for prepack creation.
- Make the bill of material for prepacks ready for mass production with a high focus on delivering within agreed time frames for novelty development.
- Ensure LEGO boxes are approved and will run flawlessly at all our production facilities.
- Be a valuable sparring partner and bridge knowledge across other IE business areas – especially towards product design and production sites.
- Drive and continuously develop the way we work internally, using relevant LEAN tools.
Quality down to the last detail
You will join a family-owned business that offers a supportive network, where you get to work closely with an international team.
We trust you to get things done to the highest possible quality while employing your imagination and creativity to envisage the next steps, in this way challenging our processes and not allowing yourself to be affected by yesterday’s constraints.
Supply chain experience and great collaboration skills
You enjoy and you do so with a structured approach. Furthermore you are a team player, and you like collaborating with others to explore new ways of optimizing processes. Many different roads lead to this position, but we imagine you will have:
- Preferable some knowledge from a production company and understanding of packing process
- Some experience working with SAP or other ERP system – otherwise, we will teach you.
- Great communication skills, and you speak and write English fluently.
- A global mind-set enabling you to collaborate across cultures
Bringing it to life
“This is a great opportunity to gain a deep understanding of our novelty development process, experiencing how subtle changes in packaging development can optimise production and distribution. You will enjoy seeing products you designed packaging for come to life and bring smile to children’s faces.,” says Hanne Kruse Paulsen, Senior Manager, R&D Novelty Industrial Engineering.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application – please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply. Apply for the job, by clicking this link.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Hanne Kruse Paulsen on +45 5151 8163
This position was posted 04-04-2019 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down, once we have found the right candidate.